[eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] CSS and declarative UI round up

Hi folks,

Over the course of discussions, many folks have come forth with a favorite CSS/ declarative-UI implementation.  So much to choose from!  So much to know!  As a first step, I thought it'd be helpful for us to have a roundup of them all so we can discuss their pros and cons.  Eventually we'd all like to see some working CSS code in e4 eclipse.org repo and at the moment it seems the main problem is we have too many to choose from (a great problem to have!).

What I had in mind was:
  • Those who have some technology they'd like to bring forth prepare a small presentation of its pros and cons.
  • We have a call where they are presented.  We can as a group then better understand our requirements and which technologies fit those.
  • Ideally we would have three presentations of 1/2 hour each (including discussion), plus wrap up discussion, so two hours max for the call.  I'd prefer a shorter call but I don't think that's realistic.  If we have more than three presentations then we can split it into two calls, since I don't know about you but my attention span nears zero after 2 hours.
  • Our goals should be selecting the technology which will be the initial commit for the purpose of investigation.  We may change our minds later, but we need to start with something.  If there are two (or more) favorite technologies we can commit both, like we have the EMF/non-EMF modelling work.

What do folks think?

If we like this approach, I'd suggest we aim for a call in approximately two weeks, to folks time to prep.

Kevin

Back to the top