RE: [eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] Summit preparation

Hello Jochen,

Thanks for the Strawman Agenda as a first step.

Note that it looks like some additional topics will result from
the E4 discussion that we had at the EAC Phone Call today:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Architecture_Council/Minutes_May_15_2008

I will merge the relevant results into the E4 Summit Wiki
tomorrow (likely evening CET).

While it's certainly great if leaders for implementation of
certain aspects can be found at the Summit already, I wouldn't
think that this is a requirement.

First of all, some great people will not be able to join the
Summit; second, if there is sufficient demand or interest for
a topic we can certainly find people to implement it (Yeah,
I'm optimistic on that one!); third, even at the end of the
Summit there will not be a sufficient amount of requirements
clarified to start implementation right away, especially
given the fact that many topics are interdependent; fourth,
Discussion of a topic might steer it in an unforeseen
direction, after which a leader might volunteer, so it would
be silly to not even start a discussion.

That being said, please DO search volunteers to lead
initiatives, but don't make the existence of leaders
prerequisite for getting stuff discussed.

Instead of a full Position Paper, I'd suggest that people can
also simply add some comment (can be few lines of text only)
to a topic's Wiki page explaining their standpoint. That's
likely less overhead than a Position Paper, and ensures that
Stuff gets sorted into the right buckets right away.

Are there any news regarding the Video Bridge? Also, what
would people think about making the "Result Sessions" available
in a shared Phone Conference for offsite people to dial in?
It's currently unlikely that I can personally attend the Summit,
but Michael Scharf and Doug Schaefer will attend on behalf of
Wind River.

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber, Senior Member of Technical Staff, Wind River
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm