[eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] YAMI (Yet Another Model Interface)

Eric Moffatt wrote:
> This is why I've been proposing YAMI (Yet Another Model Interface); if
> it were simply another API supporting the same functionality I'd be
> justifiably shot (I'd do it myself...;-). What I'm hoping to be able to
> do is to at least allow our users to have a 'common' api through which
> they can access the underlying information in a consistent manner; we
> make one more API but they see at least 3 -less-.

I am on the same page here. I think at least the following interfaces
could be unified using YAMI (which are at least 5):

  org.eclipse.ui.IMemento
  org.eclipse.core.runtime.IConfigurationElement
  org.eclipse.jface.preference.IPreferenceStore
  org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.IDialogSettings
  org.eclipse.debug.core.ILaunchConfiguration

Do you have a concrete proposal for YAMI? Or is it a
vague idea?

Michael

Back to the top