Re: [eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] Describe your UI with XMl (XUL, XHTML...) to render it with SWT and SWT CSS engine.

Hi Kevin,

>So my initial reaction is:
>1) Great!

>2) Come to the summit!
Thank you very much!

I'm will be happy if TK-UI code can help E4.
Today I'm refactoring TK-UI to manage it with JFace Databinding. On other words the DOM and the UI (SWT or Swing) is synchronised with JFace Databinding (ex : if you have <textbox value="bla bla" /> the attribute value is bounded with SWT Text text property).

I have implement into UFace project the DOM JFace Databinding. More I have created DBEL (Databinding _expression_ Language) with JFace Databding to describe binding with String, so I can manage this case for instance :

<script>
function Person() {
    this.name = name;
}
var p = new Persone();
p.name = ''bla bla bla;
</script>
<textbox value={Binding Source=p Path=name} />

When textbox changed, the name of Person scriptable object is upadted (with JFace Databinding).

But today I'm working on CSS Engine and after I will finsih TK-Ui with JFace Databinding.

>I'd not heard of your project but your new feature list is right on target for things that we care about (well, except the Swing part <g>).  >Declarative technologies, XForms, CSS, XUL, ... cross compiling SWT... these are all important to us.
It's very difficult to do know a project. If you are interested with Akrogen I could tell about more. There are several features like XUL dynamic where you can describe your XUL with Freemarker and you can use IFolder Eclipse instance (before opening a XML/XUL wizard, Akrogen plugin get the selected IFolder (into Project View) and merge it with the XMl/XUL. So you can display a wizard which display XUL Tree with arborescence of the IFile.

>I think its going to take some time for folks to look at your project to provide a more in depth reply.
Yes, more today I'm alone. So the project progress slowly.
>But look, in the meantime you should think about coming to the summit.  Just the CSS engine alone with the right licensing, care and >fed, would be a huge boon to e4.  And on and on.  It seems you've done lots of work, and could contribute lots in either code or first hand >technical experience.

Ok do you want that I create CSS Engine distribution in order to you can test it? I think CSS Engine API come be stable. I must implement more CSS2 Properties.

How can I proceed to help you? Do you want some documentation (only frensh is available). Do you want distribution? Have you tested the CSS Engine? If you have done that, what do you think about it? Do you think that CSS Engine will help E4?

Regards Angelo

2008/4/25 Kevin McGuire <Kevin_McGuire@xxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi Angelo,

So my initial reaction is:
1) Great!

2) Come to the summit!

I'd not heard of your project but your new feature list is right on target for things that we care about (well, except the Swing part <g>).  Declarative technologies, XForms, CSS, XUL, ... cross compiling SWT... these are all important to us.

I think its going to take some time for folks to look at your project to provide a more in depth reply.  But look, in the meantime you should think about coming to the summit.  Just the CSS engine alone with the right licensing, care and fed, would be a huge boon to e4.  And on and on.  It seems you've done lots of work, and could contribute lots in either code or first hand technical experience.

Cheers,
Kevin

"Angelo zerr" <angelo.zerr@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse-incubator-e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/25/2008 08:22 AM

Please respond to
E4 developer list <eclipse-incubator-e4-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

eclipse-incubator-e4-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] Describe your UI with XMl (XUL,        XHTML...) to render it with SWT and SWT CSS engine.

Hi,
I post mail into E4 mailling list, because you will be perhaps inetrested with my work.

I'm
Akrogen developer wih is Eclipse plugin to generate code. With Akrogen you can describe your Eclipse wizard with XML/XUL and _javascript_ and you can link to template (Freemarker, Velocity or XSL) or ANT task to generate the code you want.

I'm dvelopping new features for Akrogen and I have created
TK-UI project (sorry for the moment only frensh translation is available) to manage a lot of thing like :
* decribe your UI with XML with any XML grammar (XUL, XForms, XHTML, XAML....)
*render the XML description into SWT or Swing.
* manage CSS styling.
* manage Databinding to bind for instance _javascript_ object or DOM with UI controls (I'm using JFace Databinding to manage that).

I have developped CSS Engine which is able to apply styles for SWT or Swing UI. So you can use the CSS Engine with pur SWT or Swing Java code.

If you want test CSS Engine with SWT you can download Eclipse project :

CSS Engine core :
http://tk-ui.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/tk-ui/org.akrogen.tkui.css/trunk/org.akrogen.tkui.css.core

SWT Engine implemenation :
http://tk-ui.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/tk-ui/org.akrogen.tkui.css/trunk/org.akrogen.tkui.css.swt

You can launch test/org/akrogen/tkui/css/swt/examples/csseditors/CSSEditorSWTWidgets.java which is sample of CSS editor with SWT.This sample show that CSS Engine can apply CSS styles at runtime. (Change the CSS styles textarea content to apply styles).

If you are interested with my work, don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards Angelo