[eclipse-dev] Simplified API removal process for Java code

Hi,

We simplified the rules to mark deprecated API for deletion.

For Java code you can use "only" the @Deprecation annotation with the
correct flags instead of also adding a manual entry to our API removal
document. This will result in an entry of the Javadoc page.

 * @noextend This class is not intended to be subclassed by clients.
 * @noreference This class is not intended to be referenced by clients.
 * @noinstantiate This class is not intended to be instantiated by clients.
 * @deprecated Use
 *             {@link
org.eclipse.core.databinding.conversion.text.NumberToStringConverter}
 *             instead, which does not use {@code com.ibm.icu} as that package
 *             is planned to be removed.
 */
@Deprecated(forRemoval = true, since = "4.25")

See https://github.com/eclipse-platform/.github/wiki/PMC-Meeting-minutes

I moved this also to our guideline wiki, re-using infos from the old wiki
See https://github.com/eclipse-platform/.github/wiki/PMC-project-guidelines#api-removal-process

All the rest of the rules are still the same, for example you still
need PMC approval to mark API for removal and we still have to keep
the API for a minimum of two years after marking it for removal.

Best regards, Lars
--
Eclipse Platform project co-lead
CEO vogella GmbH