Re: [eclipse-dev] Committer disagreement resolution guidelines

On Thu, Jun 16, 2022 at 10:06 AM Jörg Kubitz <jkubitz-eclipse@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

legaly
"conflicts resolved by majority vote of the Committers of the Project or component, as applicable" [1]
"Special rules may be established by the PMC for Projects or components with fewer than three Committers" [1]

This Project has more then three Committers. So this PMC is not allowed to establish special commit rules. The PMC is not allowed to take final decision on commits against the majority vote of the Committers as claimed in your new guideline.

The difference is that there wasn't a "vote" as per that document - "All votes are conducted via the developer mailing list associated with the Project or component.". Comments on PR are not a majority vote. I'll add the option for general vote to our guidelines, thanks for pointing it out.

I am very disapointed about the abuse by PMC and Project Lead to overwrite committers votes.

Jörg