Re: [eclipse-dev] [equinox-dev] ATTENTION: Turn off of git protocol

On Fri, Jun 25, 2021 at 6:43 PM Aleksandar Kurtakov <akurtako@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Isn't it time to start using Jenkinsfile for each git repository and use that to trigger gerrit builds?
That would make our scripts easier to grep and find/automate such changes in the future. If there are few others interested in helping out and finding out such work beneficial I would like to discuss with them how we can best handle this change.

+1.
Jenkinsfile are great and act as a great documentation for people who want to build locally. They also make it easier for anyone to contribute to build orchestration, progressively allowing build expertise to be better shared and thus free some time the typical "release enginers" to work on more innovative things and bring more redundancy to avoid the whole project being stuck in case 1 or 2 people are away.
I consider such declarative CI files as an important criterion of project vitality nowadays.

Back to the top