Question is about  being still used by anyone. I haven't seen anyone using it/running it on git repos like it has been in the past. Changing copyright year in every file is not mandatory for Eclipse TLP since 2016  and has never been mandatory for other projects AFAIK.
What I look for is removing this part of Eclipse Releng plugin to gain the following benefits:
1. Drop dependency on EGit in Eclipse Platform and thus circular build dependency.
2. Point 1 will allow to to build Eclipse Platform p2 repo in a way that includes all transitive dependencies 
3. Point 2 will allow to switch third-party dependencies to require rather than include and thus support version ranges.
4. Point 3 will allow updates of third party dependencies for security reasons to be far simpler as currently it's a terrible experience 
5. Point 3 will simplify updates of third party dependencies in Eclipse Platform releng as touching features should be far less frequent event just cause exact version is hardcoded in includes. e.g. 
The potential benefit is quite big so please come up with proposals how/what to do and still improve our procedures.
Red Hat Eclipse Team