|Re: [eclipse-dev] [jdt-dev] Automate check to warn about freeze on Gerrit
This validation should be through a separate bot which will add a -1 on the Gerrit patch if the freeze period (taken from releng calendar) is active.
- It should include a clear comment and link to the freeze plan section (similar to the CQ comment/link).
- It doesn't need to add any comment during the non-freeze period to avoid too many Gerrit messages.
- The existing bot should continue to give a +1/-1 based on the Gerrit build status of the patch.
- A single job is better due to centralization as the freeze/RC dates and rules are the same for all these projects.
- It will be good if we can rename this bot to something like Freeze Bot instead of Platform Bot for more clarity.
Back to the top