Re: [eclipse-dev] Eclipse IDE vs. Eclipse SDK

Hi Bernhard,

If you download an Eclipse package from https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/ the result should not use SDK, IIRC they use topic specific strings, e.g. Eclipse Java IDE for the Java download.

For publications I suggest to use Eclipse IDE.

HTH, Lars

Bernhard Steppan <bernhard@xxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb am Do., 29. Aug. 2019, 09:15:

In general (IDE is used here):
https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/

Packages (IDE is used here):
https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/

Pls find attached a screenshot of the downloads page, the "new" Launcher
and the splash screen (both 2019-09 M3). It seems that the abbreviation
IDE in the UI was completely replaced by SDK. Chance or intention?

What is your recommendation to call the Eclipse development environment
in technical publications from now on?

Regards,
Bernhard