[eclipse-dev] 4.12 M1 milestone week reminders
Its the milestone week - 4.12 M1.
- Monday: Last day of development (and even then, no "big changes"). After Monday 18:00 ET, no feature work or unrelated fixes are allowed -- only regression fixes.
- Tuesday: All-day test pass. Nobody should develop or fix anything. Literally spend the entire day testing.
- Wednesday: Fix day with a focus on fixing regressions found during the test day (Tuesday). No unrelated fixes. Review and thoroughly test all commits.
- The last Wednesday build is the release candidate every team signs off on Thursday.
- The "New and Noteworthy" entries are due on Wednesday evening:
Git repo: ssh://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/www.eclipse.org/eclipse/news.git
Live website: https://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/news/4.12/
- Thursday: Sign-off after re-testing, or at least confirming no changes have been made to your component's code since the last time the component was tested well.
- Friday: Build is officially declared and made available.
- The master branch stays closed until the milestone is officially released. (That is, it is not enough that your component has signed off.)