[eclipse-dev] IPlatformRunnable Depprecated, what is the recommended approach for Headless Jar execution?

Hello all,

I have implemented plugin that needs to be run in headless mode in the remote machine. I have implemented this using the extension point [1] with implementation of IPlatformRunnable class.

But that method appears deprecated according to [2]. I tried using IApplicationServer start method following the code samples at [3], but it seems that it cannot be run in headless mode as when I executed the jar in my local machine it started an eclipse instance.

Could you please let me know the recommended approach for $subject.

[1] <extension id="org.eclipse.core.runtime.applications" point="org.eclipse.core.runtime.applications">
      <application>
         <run class="org.wso2.developerstudio.eclipse.test.p2.hierarchy.RunHeadlessMode">
            <parameter name="optimize" value="true"/>
         </run>
      </application>
   </extension>

[2]http://help.eclipse.org/luna/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.isv%2Freference%2Fapi%2Forg%2Feclipse%2Fcore%2Fruntime%2FIPlatformRunnable.html