From: Paul Webster <pwebster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Subject: Enable Gerrit for Platform Repos
To: "Eclipse platform release engineering list." <platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Please open a bug to request Gerrit be enabled for your component repos.  More information at http://wiki.eclipse.org/Gerrit

1. Open a bug:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Community&component=Git&short_desc=Enable%20Gerrit%20for%20my%20project

2. Enter the appropriate comment and submit.

I'd like to enable Gerrit for the repo /gitroot/platform/my.repo.name.here.git.  We still need direct push for the committers and for our e4Build build.eclipse.org userid (similar to /gitroot/platform/eclipse.platform.ui.git).  Also  please change the Project Options from "Merge If Necessary" to "Fast Forward Only"

3. In addition to the Gerrit wiki, we have some Gerrit workflows listed at http://wiki.eclipse.org/Platform-releng/Git_Workflows#Gerrit_workflow_for_a_committer and some information specific to UI on the  wiki http://wiki.eclipse.org/Platform_UI/How_to_Contribute#Getting_the_code_into_your_workspace.

--
Paul Webster
Hi floor.  Make me a sammich! - GIR

Back to the top