Re: [eclipse-dev] Planning Meeting Notes - May 4, 2011

As a quick follow-up to the discussion topic: I have updated the Eclipse doc style guide to no longer refer to Windows XP as the default setup. I have instead added general guidance that you should use your chosen OS's default fonts, colors, and themes to ensure we have some consistency. Also, within a single help page all screen shots should be taken on the same OS. For complete details, see:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_Doc_Style_Guide#graphics

This is a good time to remind everyone that the doc style guide has lots of useful advice for writing good documentation. Before you start on major documentation updates each year, it is helpful to review the guide.

John

Mike Wilson/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: eclipse-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/04/2011 11:00 AM

Please respond to
"General development mailing list of the Eclipse project."        <eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[eclipse-dev] Planning Meeting Notes - May 4, 2011

-------------------
Discussion Topics
-------------------

Doc:
- currently the "default setup" for doc screen caps is Windows XP:
  - we should consider switching to Windows 7
  - the number of committers with access to XP is rapidly shrinking,
    and it makes our doc look dated

--------
Status
--------

PDE:
- Inbox cleanup
- 2 day end game test pass:
 -
http://wiki.eclipse.org/PDE/Testing/3.7EndGame

JDT UI:
- shipped 3.7 M7
- all remaining 3.7 bugs tagged with an RC* milestone
- two day test pass targeting 3.7 against 3.7 M7- looks good so far
- fixed JUnit tests - they now also pass when run against Java 7
- continued to investigate performance bugs (we have 2 remaining for 3.7)
- no polish items left
- bug fixing

Platform Text and JDT Text:
- shipped 3.7 M7
- all remaining 3.7 bugs tagged with an RC* milestone
- two day test pass targeting 3.7 against 3.7 M7 - looks good so far
- continued to investigate performance bugs (we have 2 remaining for 3.7)
- no polish items left
- bug fixing

JDT Core:
- diamond case implementation complete
- starting work on a p2 repository to get Java 7 support on top of Indigo
- bug triage/fixes
- vacations
- 3.7M7 verification
- 3.7RC1 two day test pass
- tagged a few bugs as RC1

Ant:
- release 3.7M7
- 2 day 3.7 testing / verification
- bug fixing / triage
- continued to investigate performance bug

Debug:
- released 3.7M7
- 2 day 3.7 testing / verification
- tagged a few bugs for RC1
- bug fixing / triage

SWT:
- 3.7M7 week went well
- 3.7RC0 testing
- bugs currently marked for 3.7RC1 investigation:
 -
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced;component=SWT;classification=Eclipse;product=Platform;target_milestone=3.7%20RC1

Rel. Eng.:
- released 3.7M7 and submitted to Indigo
- upgraded builder to 3.7M7 bundles
- fixing copyrights
- test builds to run build against eclipse.org git mirrors
https://bugs.eclipse.org/344152
- test builds on Hudson:
 - current numbers:
   - Windows 7 - 15 failures
   - Linux - 63
   - Mac - 12 + all p2 and p2 ui tests are timing out (1844 tests)
 - it would be appreciated if these bugs could be looked at to address some of the test failures:
   - p2 and p2.ui tests timing out on mac slave:
     -
https://bugs.eclipse.org/343529
   - [Viewers] jface.viewers test failures on Windows 7:
     -
https://bugs.eclipse.org/328952

User Assistance:
- completed Review of open UA bugs
- milestone testing
- two bugs detected in testing

Performance:
- new regression:
 - minor regression in JDT/Core (Bug 344673)
- currently they are four open performance regression bugs

.