From: eclipse-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:eclipse-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chris Aniszczyk
Sent: Donnerstag, 06. August 2009 23:19
To: General development mailing list of the Eclipse project.
Subject: Re: [eclipse-dev] Eclipse Extension Point Schema Definition Change from Eclipse 3.4 to 3.5

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 1:57 AM, Stefan Liebig <Stefan.Liebig@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I recently noticed that the Extension Point Schema Editor introduced a change in the schema definition for extension points.
It changed the element from
- element/annotation/appinfo to element/annotation/appInfo
- attribute/annotation/appinfo to attribute/annotation/appInfo
(i.e. the 'i' in appinfo changed to 'I' in appInfo)

I am wondering whether this might cause problems for users of a pre 3.5 Eclipse IDE when using exsd's from a 3.5 Eclipse IDE.

If I understand what you're asking, Eclipse never aims to be forward compatible. In reality, this means you can't take something like Eclipse 3.4 and point it to a Eclipse 3.5 target. Eclipse aims to be backwards compatible. Eclipse 3.5 should be able to deal with both of those formats.

A better forum for this discussion would be on the Eclipse PDE forums (or newsgroups)

Cheers,

--
Chris Aniszczyk | EclipseSource Austin | +1 860 839 2465
http://twitter.com/eclipsesource | http://twitter.com/caniszczyk

Back to the top