|[eclipse-dev] Planning Meeting Notes - May 27, 2009|
As we discussed last week, I won't be sending out further status
messages until after R3.5 ships since, at this point, they all
start to look like "triage, testing, doc".
The weekly calls are still happening, and if anything interesting
is decided, we will send out a note afterwards. Similarly, if you
have interesting status to report, feel free to send it directly
to the list.
- Carolyn MacLeod believes we should be have 2 more test days prior
to M7 in future Eclipse End Game plans"
- 'I feel that 1 test day is barely enough to scratch the surface
of the testing I want to get done. I think that M7 is late
enough in the cycle to be pretty stable, yet early enough to
catch big problems before they become "last-minute big problems".'
- What does everyone else think?
- Testing UI:
- Do we plan to extend our testing environment and add any UI
testing tools? We can create such tests, however they can be
run only locally. If we don't plan to use any existing framework,
do we plan to create our own tool plug-in to help creating such
tests and avoid duplicating code among components?
Performance (for RC2):
- 3.5 perf tests:
- need to generate them again as not all results were available
- suspicious results on windows box baseline runs
- verification for build I20090522-1710 (aka RC2):
- no new bug:
- blocking root bug 270824:
- 20 resolved (verified/wontfix)
- 2 unresolved:
- bug 270797 (Platform/UI): any progress?
- bug 276319 (Platform/Res): open but still RC2!?
JDT APT status:
- newsgroups, conf calls, inbox, Bugzilla
- copyright fixes
- Bug 270754 concerns processing of files whose superclasses are
annotated with inherited annotations; to fix it we may need to parse
additional types. Bug 262791 concerns performance problems in large
projects, caused by parsing too many types. Doh. Addressing these two
bugs will take some clever thinking. Per discussion in today's JDT
call, this will be a priority for 3.5.1
- final fixes for RC2
- testing Platform Workspace components using RC2 candidates
- reviewing/fixing documentation
- bug 276319. The fix is ready. The regression is hardly noticeable for
- see https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=276319#c8
- That's why I would like to release it to 3.5.1 to avoid any
unexpected complication at the end of 3.5
Back to the top