Re: [eclipse-dev] Planning Meeting Notes - Nov 19, 2008

Performances:
- framework
  - new fingerprints released both in HEAD and 3.4 maintenance streams
- 3.4.1 perf tests:
  - Kim is investigating why there were no results in DB last week
- 3.5 perf tests:
  - good news: Kim succeeded to run 3.5 perf tests (great Thanks!)
  - bad news: the results generation still does not work, should be
              hopefully fixed by the end of the week

Cordialement/Regards,

Frédéric

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |Mike Wilson <Mike_Wilson@xxxxxxxxxx>                                                                                                              |
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                                                                                           |
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |11/19/2008 04:08 PM                                                                                                                               |
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  |[eclipse-dev] Planning Meeting Notes - Nov 19, 2008                                                                                               |

----------
 Outreach
----------

- Eclipse Summit Europe is this week, Chris A. and Boris are attending
- Eclipse Demo Camp in Krakow:
  - see http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_DemoCamps_November_2008/Krakow

------------------
 Discussion Topic
------------------

UA:
- the old preferences API has been deprecated. The new API does not work
  exactly the same as the old one because it does not automatically look
  for default values if a preference has not been set, this is now an
  extra step. Not only does this require more coding but it makes it easy
  to accidentally introduce behavior changes

Workspace:
- bug 255177 Make Compare a separate component/feature. I would like to
  hear comments on it

--------
 Status
--------

JDT APT:
- inbox, newsgroups, Bugzilla, conf calls

Debug:
- enhanced breakpoint import support with import participants (bug 244059):
  - participants can control if/which existing breakpoints are replaced and
    update imported breakpoints
- bug fixing,

JDT Core:
- investigating constructor proposals
- thoughts on surfacing PDE/Tooling's access restrictions
- inbox tracking
- bug fixing

JDT UI:
- enabled Open Type in all perspectives if Java part is active
- migrated to the new NamingConventions API and gave feedback to the API
- investigated issues with SVN team provider integration

Platform Text:
- adopted new SWT.UNDERLINE_LINK style
- 3.4.2 bug reviews

Workspace:
- inbox tracking
- bug fixing for M4 and 3.4.2
- working on the 3.5 M4:
  - http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/platform-team/team3.5/plan.php#m4
- bug 250633 - [Edit] Add Java Content Assist to Compare Editor, waiting
  for feedback from JDT/UI

PDE:
- continued work on system library access verification (bug 253693)
- improving binary import operations (bug 245565)
- support for @noextend restriction on interfaces in addition to
  @noimplement:
  - see post on cross-project-issues-dev
  - components should review API annotation tags on interfaces and add
    the new restriction where intended
- continued work on p2/build integration
- bug fixing

User Assistance:
- working on fixing intro problems in RTL languages
- investigated a problem with entities not getting resolved in XHTML files