Re: [eclipse-dev] Please help me stop the context menu abuse

PDE is also interested in the outcome of this issue given our abuse.

Cheers,

---
Chris Aniszczyk | IBM Lotus | Eclipse Committer | http://mea-bloga.blogspot.com | +1.860.839.2465

Inactive hide details for Kevin McGuire ---05/12/2008 10:20:18 AM---This was  a good issue to bring up, thanks for doing so. ThKevin McGuire ---05/12/2008 10:20:18 AM---This was a good issue to bring up, thanks for doing so. The platform UI team chatted about it this

Kevin McGuire <Kevin_McGuire@xxxxxxxxxx>

Max Rydahl Andersen <max.andersen@xxxxxxxxxx>

05/12/2008 10:20 AM

Re: [eclipse-dev] Please help me stop the context menu abuse

This was a good issue to bring up, thanks for doing so.

The platform UI team chatted about it this morning. We agree that we should provide some kind of guidance and a *small* mechanism to support it.

More to come, we'll be working on a bug which describes the solution and then an email to this list. I just wanted to let you know that we heard you, we agree it should be improved, and we'll be proposing something shortly.

/Your friendly platform UI team

"Max Rydahl Andersen" <max.andersen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/11/2008 07:18 AM

Please respond to
"General development mailing list of the Eclipse project." <eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [eclipse-dev] Please help me stop the context menu abuse

>> Maybe  a quick group marker from platform ui could help there  ;-) or the
>> affected projects can agree together and without the platform on a common ID
>> even if it is not contributed by the platfom.
>
> Yes! That would be good!

Got an example of a good similar group marker id ?
I'll look at that and try and create a patchf or the related projects.

/max