Re: [eclipse-dev] Planning Meeting Notes - Apr 30, 2008

User Assistance:

- bug fixing
- help search  now uses "description" meta tag in search results
- looked into RTL issues with Welcome, still working on finding a solution

Mike Wilson <Mike_Wilson@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/30/2008 06:50 AM

Please respond to
"General development mailing list of the Eclipse project."        <eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[eclipse-dev] Planning Meeting Notes - Apr 30, 2008

--------
Status
--------

JDT APT:
- inbox, newsgroups, Bugzilla
- per bug 222735, we now call setBindingsRecovery(true) on all our ASTParsers
 in Java 5 processing
- APT has no P1 or P2 bugs
- newly reported bug 228691 is a bit ugly
 - if I can find a fix I still hope to get this into M7 or, failing that, RC1
- Otherwise APT is in okay shape

JDT UI:
- working towards 3.4 M7 (testing, N&N, bug fixing)
- inbox tracking

Platform Text and JDT Text:
- working towards 3.4 M7 (testing, N&N, bug fixing)
- performance investigations
- inbox tracking

JDT Core:
- new comment formatter enabled (thanks for your hard work Frederic)
- JDT/Core converted to API Tooling
- timing issues in JDT/Core tests under control
- bug verifying
- bug fixing
- vacation

Platform UI:
- mostly fixing bugs
- services contributed to org.eclipse.ui.services are now dynamic-aware
 - see bug 210706
- bidi and accessibility work
- new dialog for resizing columns using keyboard (see bug 38662, not API!)

Debug:
- Java debug hovers are now variable inspectors (instead of text hovers)
- bug fixing & triage

Equinox:
- secure storage polish and fixes
- test pass for M7
- bug triage and fixing

p2:
- wrapping up feature work for M7
- improvements in backwards compatibility with update manager
- released support for checking signing certificate trust during install
- support for proxies and authenticated connections to legacy update sites
- support for associate sites and feature discovery sites
- upgraded p2 bundle versions to 1.0 and added x-internal for provisional
 API packages
- support for feature patches
- native proxy support in the installer
- added p2 director application and ECF SSL bundles to SDK
- support for shared install
- support for enabling/disabling update sites
- ability to organize available features dialog by name, category, or site
- test pass for M7
- bug triage and fixing

Rel. Eng.:
- implemented new build machine:
 - compiliation and packaging is much faster
- new hardware has arrived to replace antiquated test machines:
 - I did a happy dance
 - no incriminating photos were taken
- test builds for new p2 bundles, new pde build, update core and jdt.core
- bug fixing and M7 preparation
- 3.4 endgame plan available:
 -
http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/development/freeze_plan_3.4.php

PDE:
- API tooling tag validation (flag invalid use of API Javdoc tags)
- Added descriptions for compatible API changes
 - provides details when minor bundle version should be incremented
- Support for internal extension points, flags illegal use
- Added option to export p2 metadata in products and update sites
- M7 test pass
- Bug fixing & triage

PLatform Workspace:
- inbox tracking
- M7 bug fixing
- proxy: Eclipse can get settings:
 - defined statically or dynamically on Windows
 - defined in env variables or Gnome settings on Linux
- M7 bug verifying & testing