Re: [eclipse-dev] 3.0 M4 candidate status

Yes, there are:
1. (and main reason) whatever file we work on and want to compare with a
build has the corresponding tag. we don't need to first look in the map
file which tag was used for that build. We work 99% of our time with
concrete project and therefore diffs on the map files are not important to
us and in addition there is Compare With Release.
2. we have around 16 projects. It is much easier and less error prone if we
simply release all together

Dani

             Sonia Dimitrov
             <Sonia_Dimitrov@c
             a.ibm.com>                                                 To
             Sent by:                  eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             eclipse-dev-admin                                          cc
             @eclipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [eclipse-dev] 3.0 M4 candidate
             09.10.2003 23:26          status

             Please respond to
             eclipse-dev@eclip
                  se.org

Is there a reason all your projects are retagged and submitted, even though
some may have not changed?  This makes it difficult for anyone to use diffs
between versions of org.eclipse.releng as a quick way of determining
general areas of change between builds.

Sonia

    Daniel Megert
    <daniel_megert@xxxxxxxxxx>                To:
    Sent by:                          eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
    eclipse-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx             cc:
                                              Subject:        Re:
                                      [eclipse-dev] 3.0 M4 candidate
    10/09/2003 05:01 PM               status
    Please respond to eclipse-dev

Sonia,

ZRH did not change Platform or JDT Text. We always tag all our projects. We
only changed what Dirk announced and we will do a careful validation of
these fixes tomorrow morning.

Dani

            Sonia Dimitrov
            <Sonia_Dimitrov@c
            a.ibm.com>                                                 To
            Sent by:                  eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
            eclipse-dev-admin                                          cc
            @eclipse.org
                                                                  Subject
                                      [eclipse-dev] 3.0 M4 candidate
            09.10.2003 22:47          status

            Please respond to
            eclipse-dev@eclip
                 se.org

The following teams have updated their build submissions since yesterday's
test candidate, I20031008 (200310081556):

platform core
jdt core
jdt ui (ui, search and doc)
pde
swt
platform text
platform ui

Only these teams will be required to validate this build:

http://download.eclipse.org/downloads/drops/I-I20031009-200310091600

If you believe other teams should retest, please send a message to
eclipse-dev.  Teams need to advise us if there are any issues that prevent
us from declaring this build 3.0 M4.

Sonia

  Sonia
  Dimitrov/Ottawa/         To:        eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
  IBM@IBMCA                cc:
  Sent by:                 Subject:        [eclipse-dev]
  eclipse-dev-admi [eclipse-build]Build I20031009 (Timestamp:
  n@xxxxxxxxxxx    200310091600):Build is complete.  Automated JUnit
                   testing is starting.

  10/09/2003 04:36
  PM
  Please respond
  to eclipse-dev

Build I20031009 (Timestamp: 200310091600):  The Build is complete.