Re: [eclipse-dev] [eclipse-build]Build I20030317 (Timestamp: 200303172359):Automated JUnit Testing complete. Test failures/errors occurred.

Sonia,

Thanks for additional info.  There is not need for action from Release
team.

We believe the help test failure was some transient Internet Explorer
problem and are willing to ignore it.  On the other hand, the tests should
not halt when test failed and browsers were left open.  We will release
fixes to tests that we think will allow tests to continue in case of
similar failure.

Konrad Kolosowski
Eclipse Help System

                      Sonia
                      Dimitrov/Ottawa/IB        To:       eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      M@IBMCA                   cc:
                      Sent by:                  Subject:  Re: [eclipse-dev] [eclipse-build]Build I20030317 (Timestamp:
                      eclipse-dev-admin@         200303172359):Automated JUnit Testing complete.  Test failures/errors occurred.
                      eclipse.org

                      03/18/2003 12:58
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      eclipse-dev

Was the test machine busier then usual when running the tests last night,
i.e. have
it run additional CPU intensive tasks at the same time?
>> no

Was there a help browser opened when tests hanged?  What did you have to do
to "unhang"
them?
>> there were two help browsers open, I closed them and tests proceeded.

I reran the tests on the Windows test machine and the problem was not
reproduced.  Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to
troubleshoot this problem before our RC3 candidate build tonight.

Sonia

   Konrad
   Kolosowski/Toronto         To:        eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
   /IBM@IBMCA                 cc:
   Sent by:                   Subject:        Re: [eclipse-dev]
   eclipse-dev-admin@ [eclipse-build]Build I20030317 (Timestamp:
   eclipse.org        200303172359):Automated JUnit Testing complete.
                      Test failures/errors occurred.

   03/18/2003 12:22
   PM
   Please respond to
   eclipse-dev

Sonia,
Help has not released any code changes in the last couple of days.  Was the
test machine busier then usual when running the tests last night, i.e. have
it run additional CPU intensive tasks at the same time?  Was there a help
browser opened when tests hanged?  What did you have to do to "unhang"
them?
Thanks.

Konrad Kolosowski
Eclipse Help System

                     Sonia

                     Dimitrov/Ottawa/IB        To:
eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

                     M@IBMCA                   cc:

                     Sent by:                  Subject:  [eclipse-dev]
[eclipse-build]Build I20030317 (Timestamp:
                     eclipse-dev-admin@         200303172359):Automated
JUnit Testing complete.  Test failures/errors occurred.
                     eclipse.org

                     03/18/2003 10:35

                     AM

                     Please respond to

                     eclipse-dev

Build I20030317 (Timestamp: 200303172359):  Automated JUnit testing is
complete.  Test failures/errors occurred in the following:

org.eclipse.help.tests_win32
org.eclipse.releng.tests_linux.motif
org.eclipse.releng.tests_win32

http://download.eclipse.org/downloads/drops/I-I20030317-200303172359/testResults.php