[eclipse-dev] Performance on Linux

I've scanned through the mail archives and can't find anything on this topic aside from a post back in 2001 that didn't get any resolution follow-up posts.

I'm trying to find where the performance bottleneck is for eclipse on Linux (RH8.0) using IBM's Java2-14 JVM and the GTK UI. I have eclipse on a Windows machine and performance is what I would expect; on Linux, however, it is _really_ slow.

So, my questions:

1. What is the best eclipse mailing list for a discussion related to this topic?

2. Is anyone working on performance enhancements on Linux GTK? If so, do you need help?

3. If not, can someone point me in the general direction of where to hunt? My first assumption is that it is the GTK layer, but I suppose it could be the JVM on Linux, although I've always found IBM's JVM to be faster than any other JVM.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
James

James Ketrenos            web : http://ketrenos.com