Re: [eclipse-dev] Eclipse, Sun JDK1.4 and Linux

Winson,

If you don't need to selfhost Eclipse you can do this.

Start Eclipse with 1.3.  Add the 1.4 VM as a new VM in the Java->Installed
JREs preference.  Set this as your default and run.

jkca

|         |           Winson Quock      |
|         |           <wquock@xxxxxxxxxx|
|         |           >                 |
|         |           Sent by:          |
|         |           eclipse-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org       |
|         |           09/05/2002 04:47  |
|         |           PM                |
|         |           Please respond to |
|         |           eclipse-dev       |
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                     |
  |        To:      eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                                             |
  |        cc:                                                                                                          |
  |        Subject: [eclipse-dev] Eclipse, Sun JDK1.4 and Linux                                                         |
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hello,

Eclipse 2.0.1 would crash on Linux with Sun JDK1.4 and 1.4.1-beta on
start-up.
It works with IBM JDK 1.3. The bug is said due to Sun's JDK. But the
problem
is that my codes use 1.4 features and APIs. Is there anyway to use Sun's
compiler and runtime library at aleast for build/debug?

(Given Sun is pitching NetBeans, not sure when they will fix their VM for
Eclipse. ;-)

Thanks.