Re: [eclipse-dev] How can I extend the context menu of the Java Editor?

Hi Heiko,

this list is intended for discussions related to the implementation of
Eclipse itself.
Please post just questions to the news group.

To answer your question. The plugin.xml of of org.eclipse.jdt.debug.ui
illustrates
how to contribute actions to the Java Editor.

--erich

                    Heiko Seeberger
                    <Heiko.Seeberger@gm        To:     eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                    x.de>                      cc:
                    Sent by:                   Subject:     [eclipse-dev] How can I extend the context menu of
                    eclipse-dev-admin@e        the Java Editor?
                    clipse.org

                    24.01.2002 18:34
                    Please respond to
                    eclipse-dev

Hi,

I am new to Eclipse but I already love it! I would love it even more, when
could extend the context menu of the Java Editor. I already successfully
extended the context menu of the Navigator View and I thought that the Java
Editor would be as easy to deal with. But it does not work.

Here is the plugin.xml:
<extension point="org.eclipse.ui.popupMenus">
    <viewerContribution
        id="de.seebergers.eclipse.jdt.jindent.viewerContribution"
        targetID="org.eclipse.jdt.ui.CompilationUnitEditor">
        <action
            id="de.seebergers.eclipse.jdt.jindent.editorAction"
            label="Jindent"
            class="de.seebergers.eclipse.jdt.jindent.JindentEditorAction"
            menubarPath="additions">
        </action>
    </viewerContribution>
    <objectContribution
        id="de.seebergers.eclipse.jdt.jindent.objectContribution"
        objectClass="org.eclipse.core.resources.IFile"
        nameFilter="*.java">
        <filter
            name="projectNature"
            value="org.eclipse.jdt.core.javanature">
        </filter>
        <action
            id="de.seebergers.eclipse.jdt.jindent.objectAction"
            label="Jindent"
            class="de.seebergers.eclipse.jdt.jindent.JindentObjectAction"
            menubarPath="additions">
        </action>
    </objectContribution>
</extension>

As mentioned the objectContribution works fine, but the viewerContribution
does not work. When the context menu pops up there is no "Jindent" entry as
would expect.

Could anyone please help me?
Thanks!

Regards