Re: [eclipse-dev] Integration of existing applications into eclipse

Clemens,

You will have better luck with "use of Eclipse" questions in the Eclipse
newsgroup.  The *-dev mailing lists are generally intended for discussion
related to developing Eclipse itself, not using it to develop other
applications.
Please see http://eclipse.org/mail/index.html if you have questions about
which forum is best for your question/issue.

Jeff

                    Clemens Eichler
                    <5eichler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx-h        To:     eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                    amburg.de>                        cc:
                    Sent by:                          Subject:     [eclipse-dev] Integration of
                    eclipse-dev-admin@eclipse.        existing applications into eclipse
                    org

                    12/12/2001 04:10 AM
                    Please respond to
                    eclipse-dev

Hi Developers of eclipse

I'm new to eclipse but I used this program for a while and I think it is
great. So now I want to integrate my own application into eclipse as a
plugin. I have read the docs and the apis that are available. But i
didn't noticed a way to integrate an application that has its own swing
windows and events and so on.
So my first question (maybe there are some more in the future) is, if
there is a solution to integrate swing components into views or editors
of eclipse because i have implemented these swing windows and I don't
want to rebuild them again as swt components.

cheers
Clemens