Re: [ecf-dev] Revert repacking of xpp.jar?

I have no knowledge of how this should work.

Sent from Blue Mail

On May 15, 2015, at 19:21, Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 5/15/2015 8:33 AM, Wim Jongman wrote:
Hi,

I have repacked xpp.jar to see of this resolved the problem. It was
repacked from a signed jar to an unsigned jar. Basically I unpacked
the jar and repacked it. This lead to a significant smaller jar.
However, this did not resolve the problem BUT I did not revert that
change. After that I committed the real solution which was adding some
line in the build.properties file.

I wonder if we should revert the repackaged xpp.jar to the original
version to avoid any regression? How likely is it that the tests take
care of this case?

I would hope that the xmpp tests...in C-HEAD-xmpp.feature job on Jenkins
would test this. But to be direct I'm not completely clear on the use
cases (in Jive's library) that lead to using/loading xpp. My belief is
that it's probably used for everything...xml parsing of xmpp
messages...but I'm not completely certain of that.

I had intended to ask you if you tested things explicitly with the
changes to xpp.jar, but didn't ask yet. I would recommend that you at
least convince yourself that the C-HEAD-xmpp.feature job does at least
use/test the xpp.jar usage...and that no regression has taken place.

Scott

ecf-dev mailing list
ecf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx