Re: [ecf-dev] question about service discovery ui

On 11.04.2015 18:02, Scott Lewis wrote:
> I have a question about the ECF discovery UI...in particular the Service
> Discovery view.   It seems that the Service Discovery view (the Eclipse
> user interface for ECF discovery API) requires the
> org.eclipse.ecf.provider.discovery bundle since if I try to show the
> discovery view without including the org.eclipse.ecf.provider.discovery
> bundle I get the exception below.
>
> However, if I do include the org.eclipse.ecf.provider.discovery bundle
> and open the new Endpoint Discovery view I get the same Endpoint
> discovered *twice*...even though the Service Discovery view shows the
> model entry only once.
>
> Is it possible this is caused by the the composite container exposed via
> org.eclipse.ecf.provider.discovery?  If so, is there any way to use the
> Service Discovery view without having composite behavior (e.g. disable
> the composite discovery container and/or remove the
> o.e.e.provider.discovery bundle completely?)

Hi Scott,

it sounds as if your two Endpoint's IServiceIDs are no equal (as in
equal/hashCode) when they should.

The reason the Discovery UI uses the CompositeDiscoveryContainer is to
support running multiple real discovery containers simultaneously. If
two or more service ids returned by those containers are equal, they get
combined into one. Since IServiceID is supposed to abstract away the
specific provider, this should work right away.

Note that you can hack
org.eclipse.ecf.discovery.ui.model.resource.ServiceResource.ServiceDiscoveryListener.ECFServiceInfoComparator
to filter on other object properties.

HTH
Markus

Back to the top