Re: [ecf-dev] Problem using multiple services from single server

Peter,
  Would you be able to post samples of how you solved this with importService?
Tim

Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 13:25:35 +0100
From: peter.hermsdorf@xxxxxxxxx
To: ecf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ecf-dev] Problem using multiple services from single server

Hi Scott,

Am 12.03.2015 um 17:47 schrieb Scott Lewis:
On 3/12/2015 8:41 AM, Peter Hermsdorf wrote:
What would be another "easy" approach to trigger the import? Is there some code that i can use to configure the EndpointDescriptions programmatically?
Second way:   The RSA spec defines a service:  org.osgi.service.remoteserviceadmin.RemoteServiceAdmin that allows programmatic control of the importing of a service.  Specifically the method RemoteServiceAdmin.importService(EndpointDescription).   If you like, you can/could simply create an ecf EndpointDescription by passing in a Map of properties, and call RemoteServiceAdmin.importService with your EndpointDescription.
I changed my edef bundle generation thing to RemoteServiceAdmin.importService and it works like a charm! I even could reuse the EndpointDecription generation.

So overall: much easier and with less magic and the best: it works! :)

Again: thank You and Wim for the really great support and hints! That saved my week ;)

Bye, peter