[ecf-dev] ECF Kepler Release...one day to go

Hi Folks,

One day to go for ECF 3.6.1/Kepler release [0]. Yay! Congratulations to all.

I will make another announcement tomorrow/Wed am...after I've made the necessary changes to the ECF main page, n&n, and download page.

I also anticipate making a blog posting about the release (perhaps not tomorrow but later in the week). Please contribute to ECF by helping with public promotion/knowledge of the project. The 3.6.1 new and noteworthy is here [1] until tomorrow when it will be in the normal location [2].

Over the next few weeks, I would like to propose that we begin a public discussion...starting on the mailing list and including bugs, wiki, hangouts/meetings if necessary...about areas of interest and importance for the coming year. Now is a great time to discuss the many opportunities the project has ahead of us, and do some coordination and planning around focus and resources. Please participate in the discussion in any way that you can...your input is important!

After the release I will send out some ideas/thoughts floating around in my head...and please consider doing the same.

Thanks,

Scott

[0] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Kepler/Final_Daze
[1] http://www.eclipse.org/ecf/NewAndNoteworthy_3.6.1.html