[ecf-dev] New topic in forum Eclipse Communications Framework (ECF), called Only one-way communication with ECF and XMPP ?, by Rui Rosado

Title: Eclipse Community Forums
Subject: Only one-way communication with ECF and XMPP ? Author: Rui Rosado Date: Wed, 10 April 2013 12:57
Hi all,

I just installed ECF (v3.6.0) in Eclipse (for RCP and RAP; version Juno SR2; build id: 20130225-0426).
I also have a Openfire server running (v3.8.1), with a few accounts on it.
ECF can connect to the XMPP server. I do that from 3 different Windows PCs, one Win 7 and two Win XP PCs.

On all PCs Spark is running fine, i.e. all xmpp-users can communicate with each other bi-directionally.

However, when I start a sharing session in Eclipse (after shutting off Spark on all 3 pcs), I notice the following behaviour:

1. When the initiator of the sharing session makes changes in the java-editor, the 'other side' will see the changes (being typed). And that's OK.
2. When the 'other side' types anything, he will see it locally, but these changes are not propagated to the initiators side.
So, the communication is only from the initiator to the receiver. This is the case for all 3 pcs.

I tried several adjustments (preferences, firewall settings, etc.) but nothing helps.

Any suggestion to what I might be doing wrong or missing?

BTW: the 4 org.eclipse.provider.xmpp... plugins are present in eclipse's plugin directory.

Hope someone can help.
Cheers,
Rui

[ Reply ][ Quote ][ View Topic/Message ][ Unsubscribe from this forum ]

Back to the top