[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- From: Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 13:46:02 -0700
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:16.0) Gecko/20121010 Thunderbird/16.0.1
I've been exceptionally busy professionally over the past few months,
and so have not been able to do the necessary pushing associated with
moving ECF forward...my apologies to the community for that temporary lapse.
However, tomorrow is another day...and there are a number of things that
I would like to see in the next version of ECF (whenever that will
be...TBD by all of us). Further, I expect that others have ideas about
their desires...either for new features, fixes, examples, test
infrastructure, etc. I encourage all of you to be very vocal about
what you want...and we will do everything we can to address your
desires. We are somewhat limited in our resources, however, so please
bear that in mind (and/or offer to help implement/fix/document/etc!).
I'm going to start the online conversation about what should be
pursued/addressed in the next release (I'm thinking a minor
release...i.e. 3.6.0) by listing some of the things that I would like to
see in the next release:
1) The contributions from Tishan (on the Salvo Newsreader) and Jasintha
(remote services testing) from their recently completed Google SOC projects.
2) Support for SSL for ECF generic provider 
3) More/better documentation 
4) Test for regression and have Equinox/p2 use (in Kepler) the newly
added Apache httpclient 4-based filetransfer provider 
5) Resolutions/closing for as many bugs as possible 
6) More/alternative distributions (p2 repos) for ECF (e.g. p2
repo/plugins targeted to server-side...and/or virgo)
7) New/more examples for Restlet-based provider, and perhaps a build/p2
repo to build/deploy Restlet provider (for remote services) 
8) New rs providers? (e.g. one based upon other rest frameworks...e.g.
Jersey, cxf, etc).
9) New/improved discovery providers?
10) More apps/examples for OSGi remote services.
This is just my initial list...meant primarily to stimulate your
thinking. If you have ideas/thoughts on your own, please respond to
this email and provide them! We want to hear from you!