Re: [ecf-dev] Remoting with ECF (with REST) in Eclipse RCP?

Hello Angelo,

On 4/6/2012 12:21 AM, Angelo zerr wrote:
Hi Scott,

At first thanks to have posting message in my blog http://angelozerr.wordpress.com/2012/04/05/eclipse_spring_step0/ As you have read, I would like support Remoting on our Eclipse RCP/RAP with Spring DM and I have studied CXF DOSGi with REST and it works well. An important thing is that our Eclipse RCP must support Fat Client/Client Serveur (Remoting).

[Scott] I'm not sure what you mean by this. Of course ECF allows 'peer-to-peer' remoting (i.e. remote service hosts can also be remote service hosts...if that's what you meant.

So I want just

* add remoting exporter bundle on server side (ex:with CXF DOSGi, I retrieve the services implementation and I expose the service with REST just with Spring configuration (none code)).

[Scott] This should be completely possible...as long as Spring follows the OSGi standards here for registering OSGi services (and I cannot imagine that they don't).

* add remoting importer bundle on client side. (ex: with CXF DOSGi, I retrieve the services with REST client and I register the service in the OSGi registry just with Spring configuration (none code)).

[Scott]  Same here.

I have seen that ECF supports REST and you suggested me to use it. I'm OK, but do you think it's possible with ECF to manage my case?

[Scott] ECF does have a rest API...and we also now have a Restlet-based provider (it's not jax-based annotation, but it is annotation-based).

https://github.com/ECF/RestletProvider

With REST, I want add JAX-RS annotation in my interface services and do nothing with code (don't want code REST client/server service).

[Scott] If you want to add a JAX-RS-based provider, you could certainly do so. We have not created one yet, but as the restlet provider shows, with ECF's provider architecture and with remote service admin (RSA), it's a straightforward dev activity.

Thanks,

Scott

Back to the top