Re: [ecf-dev] where can I find DefaultHostContainerFinder class?

Hi Christiano,

On 8/10/2011 10:06 AM, Cristiano Gavião wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm reading this page and http://wiki.eclipse.org/Customizing_and_Extending_ECF_Remote_Services

I have ECF Version: 3.5.2.v20110810-0727, but I can't find DefaultHostContainerFinder or IHostContainerFinder at the bundle org.eclipse.ecf.osgi.services.distribution_2.0.100.v20110803-0727.jar

Am I missing something?

The main thing that you are missing is that for ECF 3.5 we implemented the OSGI Remote Service Admin (RSA) specification...which makes the container finders irrelevant. I have updated this page to remove the obsolete docs.

With RSA, however, we still have the ability to customize the container selection/finding...but now with RSA. This is via the IHostContainerSelector and IConsumerContainerSelector services. I will try to provide example documentation for these services (they are quite similar to the IHostContainerFinder/IConsumerContainerFinder in basic function).

Here is the package where these interfaces are now located (in RSA implementation):

http://download.eclipse.org/rt/ecf/3.5.1/javadoc/org/eclipse/ecf/osgi/services/remoteserviceadmin/package-frame.html

Thanks,

Scott

cheers