[ecf-dev] Consuming a CXF/DOSGi based Service with ECF Client?

Hello guys,

I am trying to consume a service which is exported by Apache CXF/DOSGi to a SOAP/HTTP endpoint. The endpoint is published to the ZooKeeper discovery which stores a note similar to the one described in the corresponding tutorial (http://cxf.apache.org/dosgi-discovery-demo-page.html). I have also written an ECF based consumer according to the the "Hello World" example (r-osgi, zookeeper) found in the Apache dev repository.

Unfortunately, the ECF based consumer is not notified by the ZooKeeper discovery service about the presence of the CXF/DOSGi based service. I am not sure why this is happening. I also did export the service with ECF which worked very well. Therefore, my questions are:

1) Is it overall possible to consume such a service with a ECF consumer?
2) If yes, what is necessary to accomplish this? Do I have to write an adapter (I recognized that both, ECF and CXF/DOSGi) write the service metadata in different formats to the Zookeeper node) for it?

I would be very happy about some helful suggestions. Many thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Marcus

Back to the top