[ecf-dev] Race conditions with remote provider

I have an ECF container, which I'm using to register services via r-osgi.

If I register the container service (locator/advertiser) in the bundle's start method, then all works.

However, I'm refactoring to pass in an ID for the connect method. I can't do this in the bundle start because various callbacks (eg createID) use reflection to find the bundle's classloader, which isn't possible as the start method hasn't returned.

So I fire up a thread and do it off start thread, but now I have a race condition.

If I register the service before connecting, then it's possible the client tries to access it in an unconnected state.

If I wait to register the locator/advertiser service until after the start method is called, none of the r-osgi adverts happen (on the client side). Even stopping/redrafting bundles doesn't seem to trigger it.

So, how should I be making this available? Or is there an alternate method (say, coming from the plugin.xml's extension points) being triggered and failed with an exception at startup?

Alex

Sent from my (old) iPhone

Back to the top