Re: [ecf-dev] Using a container multiple times

Found the problem.
I was listening for a ContainerConnectedEvent to trigger a lookup of
the service on the IRemoteServiceContainerAdapter

The trouble was that the IRemoteServiceContainerAdapter of course
listens for a ContainerConnectedEvent before initialising with the
remote server.

So when if my handler was being handled first, then there was nothing
on the IRemoteServiceContainerAdapter to find yet.

Solved by using a IRemoteServiceListener on the IRemoteServiceContainerAdapter:

container = manager.getContainerFactory().createContainer("ecf.generic.client");
ID id = IDFactory.getDefault().createID(container.getConnectNamespace(),
uri.toString());
final IRemoteServiceContainerAdapter rsc =
(IRemoteServiceContainerAdapter) ((IAdaptable)
container).getAdapter(IRemoteServiceContainerAdapter.class);
rsc.addRemoteServiceListener(new IRemoteServiceListener() {

	@Override
	public void handleServiceEvent(IRemoteServiceEvent event) {
	String[] clazzes = event.getClazzes();
	boolean quit = false;
	for (int i = 0; quit = false && i < clazzes.length; i++)
		quit = clazzes[i].equals(StateProvider.class.getName());
	if (quit){
	IRemoteServiceReference ref = event.getReference();
	StateProvider provider = (StateProvider) rsc.getRemoteService(ref);
	Map<String, Object> state = provider.provideState();
	syncBundles(state);
												}
});

final ISharedObjectContainer soc = (ISharedObjectContainer)
((IAdaptable) container).getAdapter(ISharedObjectContainer.class);
soc.addListener(new IContainerListener() {

	@Override
	public void handleEvent(IContainerEvent event) {
	if (event instanceof IContainerConnectedEvent)
	try {
		ISharedObjectManager manager = soc.getSharedObjectManager();
		EventAdmin admin = new DistributedEventAdmin(context);
		ID id1 = IDFactory.getDefault().createStringID("uk.co.xlegal.xbundle3.remote");
		Properties props = new Properties();
		props.put(EventConstants.EVENT_TOPIC, "uk_co_xlegal_xbundle3_remote");
		manager.addSharedObject(id1, (ISharedObject) admin, props);
		((DistributedEventAdmin) admin).start();
		} catch (Exception e) {
														Log.log(Log.ERROR, e.getMessage());
		}
container.connect(id, null);

Thus I have got a SharedObject and a Remote Service off the same container.

Thanks, Scott. And hope this helps other ECF newbies.

Robert