Re: [ecf-dev] regarding tcp connection in ECF

Abhisek,

abhisek saikia wrote:
Hi Scott
Thanks for the information.I didnt know it before.So i can increase the timeout by changing the container id 's keepAlive value "ecftcp://localhost:3282/server keepAlive=30000" is it correct?

Yes, you can increase the timeout by changing the container's keepAlive. Of course this has/should be set similarly on both the server and client containers.

So in this case,once the that keepalive time is reached,all my remote services calls will be failed.

If the keepAlive time is reached (with no traffic) the underlying socket will be disconnected. All subsequent remote service calls will be failed (no connection means no communication :).

Please correct me if i am wrong.Is there any way to handle this.Is there any way to avoid this timeout so that the remote services will be alive always untill i restart or terminate the equinox.

You can make the timeout essentially infinite, and then the keep alive will never result in disconnection.

Of course if disconnection occurs for some other reason, you will have to reconnect.
Scott

Back to the top