Re: [ecf-dev] ECF API and feature freeze

On 05/08/2010 05:46 PM, Markus Alexander Kuppe wrote:

>> 2) Markus if we are going to do this we should ask for exception from
>> rt-pmc as soon as we decide to go this route (zookeeper discovery
>> provider in Helios)
>
> Will do once we have reached a consensus.

>  Markus will request a waiver from the RT PMC so that the Apache Zookeeper contribution can be added to Helios. Once the PMC has approved the waiver we will add the zookeeper feature to the org.eclipse.ecf.remoteservice.sdk feature, so that it is included in both the ECF SDK, the Helios contribution, and the SOA package.

In the meantime, I talked to the RT PMC and the bottom line is, that the
decision is up to the individual projects and their respective ramp down
policies [0]. However they ask us to consider the effects a late
addition has on the overall quality of the Helios simultaneous release.

Based on the current shape of the ZooDiscovery in terms of tests
("compliance" with ECF discovery test suite), code coverage [1] and the
early adoption is has seen while hosted at OSU, as well as the fact that
it does not constitutes an API or feature change, I'm +1 for making it
part of Helios.

Markus

[0] http://wiki.eclipse.org/ECF_3.0.0/Galileo_Ramp-Down_Policy
[1] https://ecf2.osuosl.org/hudson/job/C-HEAD-discovery.zookeeper.feature