Re: [ecf-dev] ECF3.2 using Spring

Hi Scott
   I just tested a simple hello word sample  from http://wiki.eclipse.org/Using_Spring_with_ECF_Remote_Services
i tried from spring as well as plain java code.

i have 3 osgi bundles

1.hello-interface (contains interface org.eclipse.ecf.examples.remoteservices.hello.IHello)
2.hello-consumer(containing "client ecf generic container" creation code and hello service call from a thread )
3.hello-provider (containing "server ecf generic  container"  creation code and implementation of IHello)

i have 2 standalone osgi running ,where one osgi(i named it as client osgi) is running bundle 1 and 2 .Another osgi(i named it as server osgi) is running bundle 1 and 3

Failure Scenario: start client osgi.  then start server osgi.

After this for the following code which is running in consumer bundle is failing at line number 8.this could never be able to connect to server osgi to perform the remote call

1.public class HelloClientThread extends Thread {

2.  private IHello hello;

3.  public void setHello(
IHello hello) { 4. this.hello = hello; }   @Override 5. public void run() { 6. while (true) { 7. try { 8. hello.hello("HelloClientthread"); 9. System.out.println("IHello service called with HelloClientThread (Spring DM)."); Thread.sleep(1000); } catch (Exception e) { e.printStackTrace(); } } } }

Success scenario :

start the server osgi.then start the client osgi

above remote call is successful.

then stop the hello-provider bundle from the server osgi console.using command "stop [bundle no]"

still the service call from consumer bundle is successful

---this scenario was failing for r-osgi

Failure Scenario:

start the server osgi.then start the client osgi.remote hello call is successful.After that restart server osgi.hello call from consumer bundle stats failing .(its throwing Connection exception)

I  currently dont have the setup with me for which i am not able to paste the logs.Sorry for my previous brief details

Thanks and Regards

Abhisek