Re: [ecf-dev] Re: Using ECF to connect to a session-based JSON-RPC service

Hi Cole,

If you create a new rest-based provider based upon this code, please consider contributing back some documentation and/or code, reporting bugs or desired enhancements for your use case (or even better making those enhancements yourself)...or even just blogging about what you do with it publicly. Given the resource limitations for ECF project/committers, one of the hardest things is to get sufficient documentation about the things that are already present in ECF...but there's not good/sufficient documentation and therefore insufficient awareness.

I have plans for an ECF book, but it's very likely that any such thing will have to use 'crowdsourcing' to help create the documentation...i.e. taking/aggregating contributions from the community, probably in the form of wiki pages. That's one reason why I've tried to make more and more docs about remote services, rest, etc available via the ECF wiki: http://wiki.eclipse.org/ECF

Some other comments inline below.

Cole Markham wrote:
Scott,

Thanks for your reply, this was exactly what I was looking for.

Scott Lewis wrote:
<stuff deleted>
Also...BTW...ECF SDK includes the org.json parser code (in the org.json bundle), and we have test code that uses the twitter API/json. So using json is done very easily...all necessary code is there.
Yes, my colleague, Austin Riddle, is working on getting the org.json bundle in orbit.

Yes, I'm aware of this. It's my intention to move the ECF build from building/deploying the org.json code ourselves (what we are doing now), to using the Orbit bundle before RC1. We just have not had an opportunity to make this change to our build since the org.json bundle was added to Orbit.