Re: [ecf-dev] work on osgi remote services spec

On 12/09/2009 10:17 PM, Scott Lewis wrote:

> But to support configuration types, I think it's going to be best to add
> a method like the following to the core
> org.eclipse.ecf.core.ContainerTypeDescription class
>
>    public String[] getSupportedConfigTypes()
>
> Adding this method will allow providers to specify at runtime the config
> types that they support.

This is a copy of what I added to the bug:

Just an just idea but why not add a new subclass like
RemoteContainerTypeDescription to ContainerTypeDescription as well as
something like IRemoteContainerInstantiator to a != org.eclipse.ecf
bundle to separate the remote service implementation from the rest of
ECF. The benefits are:

A) Don't have to implement getSupportedConfigTypes() in all the
containers that have nothing to with OSGi remote services. (most
containers return null in getSupportedIntents()).

B) won't have to deal with p2/build inclusion.

A2) If separating RemoteContainerDescriptions from local
ContainerDescriptions does not make sense, we should at least at an
(abstract) superclass to all ContainerInstantiators that returns null on
their behalf.

Markus

Back to the top