Re: [ecf-dev] Newsreader 0.6.0

Hi Wim,

First, I did get the code, ran the RCP app and things look good.

My thoughts about the steps moving forward are as follows:

1) The existing codebase has to be reviewed/commented on by an ECF committer (hopefully more than one). I will commit to doing this myself within a few weeks, but given my personal situation (without paying work), I can't schedule as much time for this as I would like. I request that some other committer(s) jump in and contribute to this review. If you are an ECF committer, and are able to do this, please coordinate with Wim and myself via this mailing list.

2a) After only a cursory examination of the code myself it looks like the ECF provider (i.e. org.eclipse.ecf.provider.nntp) is not completed/functioning yet...is that right? Would it be possible to get that completed as well while the reviewing of the other pieces is done?

2b) Is there any test code available? It would be great to be able include test code (of 2a as well as other tests) in the initial contribution

3) A CQ for the contribution has to be created for IP review (I will do this, but would like to get at least some of 1 done...in order to avoid multiple cycles of changes with the IP review process).

4) Wim if you wish I can/will nominate you as an ECF committer, so that you can more easily add to/extend/maintain the contribution. Following EF rules, it will *still* be necessary for 3 to be done for this contribution, but for the future, having you be a committer would allow you to update/fix/extend things without CQs to do so.

So I believe that's it. I will help push things through as quickly as possible, but I would appreciate participation by other committers in order to complete these things more quickly...given my own limitations on time.

Scott

Wim Jongman wrote:
Scott,

When and how do we continue?