[ecf-dev] use of emory ver of concurrent API

Hi Markus,

I saw that you added the emory backport of the concurrent API to the ECF build and project set files. AFAICT, it seems to be for use in the discovery ui ServiceResource class...i.e. it references the Lock and ReentrantLock classes from the concurrent API (maybe others, but I haven't found them).

I haven't looked at this yet, but is it possible that this could use some other mechanism?...e.g. the jobs API's ILock instead? It seems to me like a lot of additional code, build/deploy difficulties, and dependencies to just use a Lock class (even ReentrantLock).

If we have to include it obviously we can (given the timely IP approval)...but if we can avoid it that would be good also.

Thanks,

Scott

http://help.eclipse.org/ganymede/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/guide/runtime_jobs_locks.htm

Back to the top