[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ecf-dev] ESE 2008 BOF Notes
- From: Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 23:14:31 +0100
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- User-agent: Thunderbird 126.96.36.199 (Windows/20080914)
This evening (in Germany), ECF had a birds of a feather (BOF) session,
and the attendance was good (about 8 non-committers, and 4 committers).
Thanks to all for participating.
Below are some of my notes during the call. Others present please feel
free to add you own notes...as I've surely missed important things.
1) Embedded target communication - doesn't TCF and ECF have a high
degree of overlap? Can their be reuse?
2) Jazz Framework - How ECF will work in Jazz framework?
3) How ECF could provide more cohesive development environment?
Several BOF attendees from Smila Project: Looking for framework for
remote method invocation,
cross environment (i.e. to native services),
Developing tools suite. Doing basic. IDE for industrial automation.
Real-time shared editing for
Anders - Works for ISV in Sweden
Juergen - Smila project team member
Igor - Co-lead of Smila project.
Christian Campo - Riena Project Lead. Scott requested Riena to work
with ECF committers to complete a Riena-based ECF remote services
provider implementation (it's already started...although in previous
version of Riena).
CXF - protocol used for RFC 119 reference impl
Responding to failures, quality of remote service important for remote