[ecf-dev] Extending TCP Server SO Container

I'd like to be able to extend the functionality of TCPServerSOContainer.  In the method:

acceptNewClient( ... ) (from ServerSOContainer)

a call is made to

checkJoin( ... ) which returns an Object.  If you have a connectPolicyHandler set, this method should return a PermissionCollection.

In acceptNewClient( ... ), the return value of checkJoin(...) is ignored.

I can create a subclass of TCPServerSOContainer, override acceptNewClient(...) and have it handle the PermissionCollection in an intelligent way.  Unfortunately I'll have to copy the code from the parent class and make my changes there.  There is, however, one problem (so far).  org.eclipse.ecf.provider.generic.SOContainerGMM has package-private accessibility so I can't access the groupManager object (the call is on line 219).

It would be nice if this class were made public.  Or if I'm barking up the wrong tree, let me know.

Shawn Hampton
Sr. Research Programmer
NCSA

Back to the top