[ecf-dev] There's a problem with our web site http://www.eclipse.org/ecf

There's a problem with our web site http://www.eclipse.org/ecf . I'd
really like to get this fixed before our democamp.

I don't think the problem is on our end. I'll submit a bug, but it'll
be a couple of days. I'm out of town the next couple of days. If
anyone has a chance to try out the site and look at this problem that
would be much appreciated. I suppose it's possible the problem is on
our end, but right now I doubt that very much.

Our Mailing List left nav goes to the wrong place. and our Navigation
left nav stays dim all the time. These left navs used to work and our
side of the code has not changed. Until today that is when I tried a
few things that had no effect.

Note the comments in project-info.xml. These are comments from the
template, not mine. They say put a url attribute to mailing-lists and
your left nav should go there. It doesn't. It always goes to the
default Eclipse mailing list page.

<!--
     - Each Eclipse project has one or more mailing lists.
     - Some projects also have a separate web page describing these lists
     - while others rely on the main Eclipse mailing lists page.
     -
     - <mailing-lists url="..."> <list name="..."/> ... </mailing-lists>
     - The url is optional; if absent, the url will default to the Eclipse
     - mailing lists page. Multiple <lists>s are allowed.
     -
     - Note that currently mailing lists must be redundantly listed in
     - the separate project-info/maillist file as well.
    -->

 <!--
     - Each Eclipse project has one or more newsgroups.
     - Some projects also have a separate web page describing these lists
     - while others rely on the main Eclipse newsgroups page.
     -
     - The url is optional; if absent, the url will default to the Eclipse
     - newsgroups page. Multiple <newsgroups>s are allowed.
    -->

Our code currently looks like

(I tried using full urls like http://www.eclipse.org/ecf/maillist.php.
Neither that nor the relative url /ecf/maillist.php work. You can pait
the full url in your browser and go to the right plce .... that is,
mailistphp is really there.)

<mailing-lists url="/ecf/maillist.php">
    <list name="ecf-dev"/>
  </mailing-lists>

  <newsgroups url="http://www.eclipse.org/ecf/newsgroups.php";>
    <newsgroup name="eclipse.technology.ecf"/>
  </newsgroups>

--
 -Ted

Back to the top