Re: [ecf-dev] No Release Review for ECF 1.1 ??

Hi Bjorn,

I've been assuming the definition of major, minor, etc as per the versioning spec:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Version_Numbering

so I didn't think this was considered a major change (i.e. 1.1 rather than 2.0).

Seems like the dev process should a) be consistent with the nomenclature from the version numbering spec and b) allow the projects to move more quickly with non-api-breaking changes (additions).

RE: scheduling a release review would like to do as soon as possible then...sometime in the am pacific over next few days or next week if lead time is necessary...Anne?

Scott

Bjorn Freeman-Benson wrote:
Scott,
I noticed that the ECF website announces the release of ECF 1.1 (http://www.eclipse.org/ecf/ and http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/ecf-dev/msg01010.html) but that there was no Release Review for ECF 1.1. The last ECF Release Review was for 1.0 on June 8th (http://www.eclipse.org/projects/previous-release-reviews.php).

The Eclipse community (through the Development Process; see http://www.eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/mature-phase.php) requires a Release Review for all major releases (where major is defined as N.X including 0.X). Bug fix releases - such as ECF 1.0.2 are exempt on the theory that they are just bug fixes. Therefore, I need you to remove the ECF 1.1 release from the ECF download page and schedule an ECF 1.1 release review with Anne (emo@xxxxxxxxxxx) as soon as possible.

- Bjorn