Re: [ecf-dev] BBAPI refactoring

> 2) if exporting packages with x-internal:=true, what do I do about
> warnings in the other bundles that use those packages?

I don't think you should use x-internal:=true for bb api packages/code.

Hmm...  the Provisional API Guidelines say:

"Bundle manifest

All API packages should be exported unconditionally by the bundle
manifest. If internal packages are exported, they should be marked
x-internal."

So this seems to leave the option that internal packages are not
exported at all. But I need to export some internal packages because
they are meant for internal use by the other BBAPI bundles. Also,
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Export-Package says that :

"The eclipse project uses the following convention for the
Export-Package manifest attribute:

   * ALL Eclipse SDK plugins must list ALL of their packages in their
MANIFEST.MF files.
   * API or not. If you have a package on your plugin's classpath, it
must be listed."

Of course, this is only seems to be for the Eclipse SDK. But the PDE
actually has a tool called "Organize manifest" that automatically adds
x-internal by default.

Back to the top