[ebr-dev] Bundle Naming

Hi,

Brian raised a good point recently in a different chat. I’d like to bring it up here.

Currently - with the recipes - I’m following the Orbit naming conventions, i.e. producing bundle jar names from fully qualified package names. When I ran into issues where the full qualified package name does not match the Maven group/artifact id at all I went with the option properly representing the project the best. Most of the time it was the Maven group id + artifact id.

What do you think, should we introduce a common prefix for bundle names? For example, the bundles produced by Springsource all started with com.springsource. I hesitate to add „org.eclipse.ebr“ in front of all bundle. But I have to admit that it’s mostly for esthetic reasons.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx