Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered Office: Hannover
Registergericht/Registered Court: Amtsgericht Hannover, HRB 59424, USt.-ID-Nr./VAT-ID-No. DE814950663

Proprietary and confidential. Distribution only by express authority of Continental AG or its subsidiaries.

----- Weitergeleitet von Stefan Voget/usr/cag am 02.09.2014 07:39 -----

Von:        Wermström Emma (Consultant) <emma.wermstrom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
An:        "Stefan.Voget@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Stefan.Voget@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Datum:        01.09.2014 17:54
Betreff:        RE: Antwort: [eatop-dev] EATOP API?

Dear Stefan,

As you suggested I’ve been looking into setting up an OSLC client for EATOP. However, I’m still having trouble accessing the EATOP model data (not the meta model), which is what I assume is interesting to provide in a client.

In my use case, I’m assuming there is an OSLC service provider for EATOP which will be able to respond to HTTP GET requests for EATOP resources (to get all requirements in a model for example).  So, the OSLC service provider needs some way to gain access to the requirements in EATOP. As far as I can tell there is no way of doing this at the moment. This is where my client comes in. What I want to do is iterate the eclipse workspace for all EATOP projects, finding each .eaxml-file and extract the requirements for each project from the corresponding eaxml root.

Now, this is very easily done from inside of eclipse using the org.eclipse.core.resources.ResourcesPlugin java class. But when you’re outside of eclipse (for example in an OSLC service provider), it is not possible to use this java class. From what I can understand there is no easy way to convert a java File to an IFile without using the resourcesplugin class, so iterating through the eclipse workspace doesn’t seem like a feasible solution either.

My next option will be to create a plugin with an embedded server which I’m not sure would actually help.

Do you have any suggestions on how my client should access the data? Maybe I’m looking at this problem in the wrong way.

Thanks for your support.
Best regards,

Emma

Back to the top